This year iGEM CSMU_NCHU debuts the iGEM competition, completing all the requirements of the iGEM medal criteria, as listed below.
- Registered for iGEM, planned to attend the Giant Jamboree
- Documented our project
- Attributed our work correctly
- Created and documented Parts page on the Registry
- Submitted DNA samples to the Registry
- Completed safety forms about our lab, about our project and our final safety form
- Completed the judging form
- Complete interlab study
- Integrated Human Practices
- Improve previous part or project：
We improved a T7 promtore with RBS by adding a sequence in it.
We also modified the widely used RFP by removing the barcode after its sequence, and did codon optimization for E.coli as a better part for fusion protein.
- Model our project：We did protein structure simulation and molecular docking to assist our fusion protein design. And moleded its expression quantity with time.
- Demonstrate: We successfully engineered a fusion protein Thioredoxin-MSMEG5998 that worked better than MSMEG_5998 alone, and proved its degrading ability in room & body temperature.