Former Project — Treatment of Trichophyton rubrum infection by β-human defensin-3.
We chose Trichophyton rubrum as our project at first for it is widely spread in a large amount of certain type of people and lack of efficient and simple treatment.
- Interview about Dermatophytosis in Peking University Shenzhen Hospital
- Questionnaire for Trichophyton rubrum and Synthetic Biology
- Science Fair & Junior High School of SFLS Presentation
After public survey and discussions with experts, we came to the conclusion that the project on Trichophyton rubrum study was almost infeasible. Meanwhile, through the investigation and communication, we found that skin cancer needed more public attentions. So we decided to shift the focus of our project from Trichophyton rubrum to skin cancer.
- iGEM Southern China Regional Meeting
- Questionnaire about Cancer
- Interview in the Hospital of Chronic Disease Prevention and Treatment in Luohu
- Interview in Peking University Shenzhen Hospital
- SUSTech Meet-up
Treatment for Cancer
Through questionnaire survey and investigations, we focused on melanoma treatment with CRISPR/Cas9 system.
- Public Speech in Shenzhen Bookcity
- Interview with Mrs Agnew（Physician Assistant, USA）
- CRISPR Popularization
- Help from Dr. Haoqian Zhang, the instructor of SIAT_SCIE
- Help from Dr. Xiaoqiang Guo, from Peking University
The following activities are not closely related to our project but either comprehensively influential or helpful to ourselves in various ways, which add luster for us as they are not limited by a certain project.
- Attending IBC
- Aid Education in Bali Island
- Biosafety Level Science-popularization Video
- Public Platform on the Internet
- Clubs Day