Team:USNA Annapolis/Improve

New/Improved Parts

Making Our Project Better

Our Developments

New Part

One of our accomplishments is that we were able to successfully amplify pgaA into the iGEM shipping vector. We made sure that it contained the correct DNA sequence and added it to the registry. Last year, unfortunately we had not successfully submitted anything, so this year it was exciting to witness our team adding new parts to the registry. This part, pgaA, had never been submitted to the iGEM database. However, after a few headaches, we were able to create the DNA sequence and properly submit it to the database.

Improved Part

Our other accomplishment is that we were able to successfully amplify NhaR into the iGEM shipping vector. We made sure that this also contained the correct DNA sequence and added it to the registry. Now, NhaR is a part that was already in the iGEM registry because it was created and submitted by a previous team; however, it is currently unavailable because this part did not work and it did not have the correct sequence. Our team however, made sure that it was the correct sequence AND on top of that, submitted it to iGEM. This means that in addition submitting pgaA as our new part, we improved upon NhaR, an existing part.

×

Loading ...