20x TAE buffer
- 80mL of 1M Tris solution
- 0.7264g of EDTANa2+ salt
- 2.284 mL glacial acetic acid
- distilled H2O 100mL
- For the preparation of ethidium bromide adds 1 g of ethidium bromide to 100 ml of H2O.
- Stir on a magnetic stirrer for several hours to ensure that the dye has dissolved.
- Wrap the container in aluminum foil or transfer the 10 mg/ml solution to a dark bottle and store at room temperature.
- 50 mM glucose.
- 25 mM Tris-Cl (pH 8.0).
- 10 mM EDTA (pH 8.0).
- Prepare Solution I from standard stocks in batches of approx. 100 ml, sterilize by
autoclaving and store at 4°C.
- 0.2 N NaOH (freshly diluted from a 10 N stock).
- (100ul SDS + 700ul mq + 200ul NaOH) 1% (w/v) SDS.
- 5 M potassium acetate, 60.0 ml
- Glacial acetic acid, 11.5 ml
- H2O, 28.5 ml
- The resulting solution is 3 M with respect to potassium and 5 M with respect to acetate.
Store the solution at 4°C and transfer it to an ice bucket just before use.