While China's energy reserves are among the highest in the world, China is also the world's second largest energy producer and consumer country: after the United States and Russia, the energy production output of our country ranks third in the world, and the basic energy consumption accounts for one-tenth of world’s total consumption, which ranks second in the world. However, the level of energy resources per capita is much lower than the average level of the world.
Sustainable development, or sustainability, has been described in terms of three pillars, i.e. the environment, the economy and the society. President Xi Jinping, at a speech at the UN office in Geneva earlier this year, stressed that "ecological construction" would become an important aspect of a shared international future. We have held innovation, coordination, green, open and share as our concepts of development; and we have already incorporated ecological environmental construction into the national development strategy. Energy is the basis for everything which can joint three spheres together.
National Energy Administration held mid-2017 working meeting, and pointed out that the first half of energy development was a good trend. We achieved our goals such as constantly optimizing the energy structure, supplying effective continuous improvement, making efforts to accelerate the pace of innovation and development, strengthening the construction and operation of agglomeration energy market more orderly and comprehensively promoting international energy cooperation.
They have put together projects to help people access green energy.
There are hundreds and thousands of small energy plants struggling for finance, as most capital usually goes to big operations. To help them, Chinese government built a bridge so financiers could work out funding issues.
Professors & Experts
We interviewed the Professor Xu Qingli from school of Resources and Environment. He told us that it was necessary to understand the expert data and opinions about energy status, which was conducive to the smooth development of the practice and timely correction.
We held a mini symposium with Professors from the school of Biology. They gave comments on our projects, which later proved to be very useful in our experimental design. Also, they encouraged us to achieve the practice with what we have learned.
We designed a questionnaire to get to know about the public recognition of energy crisis as well as clean energy. From the current data, we drew some conclusions as follows:
- Ways to understand the current energy situation: Internet 83.33%, and 8.73% from newspapers, magazines, books, etc.
- Confidence in the development of new energy: large development potential 68.25%, slow development 20.63%
- For the "new energy" category of judgment: over 80% have a clearer understanding
- Among them, biological energy and solar energy bear the highest expectations
- More than half of respondents expressed willingness to try new energy drivers / related products, and 30% took a wait-and-see attitude
- The application of new energy in society: more than 90% of respondents believe that the most useful way is to use electricity and provide transportation power
- The price is too high, the quality of products is unstable and the use is inconvenient. It has become the first three reasons that prevent respondents from buying new energy products
Green technology is the future, especially the biotechnology.
Our practice carried out practical investigation with multi-dimension, deeply explored current energy situation, the prospects for the development of a new focus on renewable energy.
The team members actively interacted with professional expertise and conducted investigations of the energy enterprise learning its culture. Think about how to use synthetic biology methods to synthesize efficient and clean green energy.
What we have got through this part of human practice helps us have a better understanding of
- 1. The current energy policy in China
- 2. Investigations of energy enterprise operation mode and enterprise culture
- 3. Ideas on selecting the next experimental design to energy