Without the help of so many people so far, we won’t become who we are now.
Without these people supporting our dream, CCU_Taiwan would never have formed.
We are very grateful for your help, for what you did for us during this year. We believed your support will bring us success!
- Cheng-I Lee: Main instructor, plan implement support, provide technical resources and fundraising advices, administrative mediator.
- Hau-Ren Chen: Instruction on experiment techniques, materials resources support, team operation system advisor.
- Victoria Rau: Instructor on English training, including presentation, poster, wiki.
- Gerry Rau: Instructor on English training, including presentation, poster, wiki.
- Sung-Nien Yu: Give advices about instrument aspect, especially on photometric system.
- Wen-Hsin Hsieh: Instruction on device structure, especially on composites.
- Guo-En Chang: Give advices on the design of the glass slides.
- Chen-Kuo Chiang: Machine learning instructor.
- Ren-Hung Hwang: Internet of Thing, IoT system instructor.
- Cheng-Ping Jheng, a PhD student in Molecular biology. He gave us technique support, recommendation on data analyzing and experiment designing, and had a "HAPPY" summer with us. .
- Shin-Yung Chen: Project manager, trouble shooting, deal with funds, get the team together, contact teachers, wet lab support (part of some experiments and problem shooting), and presenter.
- Yu-Hsuan Huang: Project manager, trouble shooting, deal with funds, get the team together, contact teachers, dry lab support (part of IoT system,web site coding and machine learning), and presenter.
- Fang-Yi Lo: Group leader, keep wet lab on schedule. Choose the best kind of test paper, leting bacterial be attached strongly to it. Wiki article writer.
- Chung-Hao Lee: Group leader, keep wet lab on schedule. Lactate detector gene designer, lactate kill switch experiment, and wiki article writer.
- Zi-You Lin: Experiment material controller, CSP detector experiment, modeling, and wiki article writer.
- Fei Chen: Lactate kill switch system designer, lactate detector experiment, modeling, equipment manager, and presenter.
- Shun-Tian Tchen: CSP detector system gene designer, test paper experiment, English trainer, presenter and art designer (including our uniform, banner, poster, name card…and so on).
- Yi-Chia Su: CSP detector experiment, modeling, cooperate with CSMU_NCHU_Taiwan, chemical material manager, presenter.
- Cheng-Yu Lee: Lactate detector experiment, the interlab, poster.
- Yi-Chen Hsieh: Cooperate with NYMU_Taipei, poster.
- Chih-Yu Lin: Group leader, keep dry lab on schedule. Coding for App, IoT system between App and server, wiki page website, machine learning, and poster.
- Lai-Sum Yim: Device designer, including the shelter and the inner design. Wiki article writer.
- Chia-Hui Liu: Light intensity sensor designer, Arduino coding, IoT system between carindex and cellphone in bluetooth, control motors, and wiki article writer.
- Weng-San Lei: Device, consumptive material modifier, uniform order, and wiki article writer.
- Shing-Feng Sue: Group leader, keep human practice on schedule. Market survey, gene survey, and wiki article writer.
- Wan-I Lin: Market survey , gene survey, business plan, and presenter.
【Fundraising help and advice】
- We received helps from National Chung Cheng University Administrative Members including principal, vice-principal, deans and vice-deans of college of science, engineering, management and media faculty, etc. With their helps, we successfully hold our fundraising event and earned our fees.
- With the helps from Department of Biomedical Sciences, Physics, International Affair and Education Development Center, etc, we got sufficient fund to purchase our instruments and chemicals.
- Our fund is sponsored by the enthusiastic alumni and entrepreneurs.
- Public instruments were provided by National Chung Cheng University Department of Bio-medics.
- National Chung Cheng University Department of Biomedical Sciences teacher Yu-Wei Leu providing us Nanodrop so that we can measure DNA concentration and quality.
- National Chung Cheng University Department of Biomedical Sciences teacher Hsien-Bin Huang lend us freeze-dryer so that we can make our test paper.
- National Chung Cheng University Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry teacher Biing-Chau Tzheng and teacher Ching-Ching Yu provide us NH4CL so that we can make M9 medium.
- National Chung Cheng University Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry teacher Jong-Yuh Cherng provide starch soluble to let us make starch plate.
- National Chung Cheng University College of Science principal Lai-Kwan Chau provide us laser cutter to let us create our device composite.
- National Chung Cheng University Department of Mechanical Engineering De-Shin Liu support us in 3D printing during device crafting.
- Rong-Bin Li, a student in MS program in Molecular biology. He helped us on trouble shooting, gave us recommendation on data analyzing and experiment designing, provided experimental instrument, and had a "HAPPY" summer with us.
【Difficult technique support】
- Buddhist Tzu-chi General Hospital Division of Clinical Pathology to offer us lactate concentration measuring instruments and experiments.
- Dentists from Bai-Li dental office, Qiu dental office, Li-Xiang dental office help us define our oral condition, provide us the raw data for machine learning.
【Project advisor support】
- National Yang-Ming University teacher Chuan-Hsiung Chang, National Chiao-Tung University teacher Wen-Liang Chen helped us found our team and understand iGEM. Also, they gave us many precious advices during brain storming.
- Missouri University of Science and Technology iGEM Team advisor Dr. David J. Westenberg gave us many advice and ideas regarding the training and brain storming at the beginning of the iGEM competition.
- National Taiwan University of Science and Technology teacher Hsiu-Mei Chen showed us the technology of bacteriorhodopsin chip. This let us burst more ideas about our project.
- Renew Biocare Corporation CEO Ully & Victoria provided us ideas and critiques from professional perspectives.
- YunTech Cheng-Guang Chen gave us advice on product development
- Taishin Financial Holding Co. Director of Human Resource Affair Janice instructed us presentation, powerpoint making.
- National Chung Cheng University Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry teacher Yuan-Yao Lip offer us a big occasion to practice our presentation.
【Human Practices support】
- National Chung Cheng University Department of Financial & Economic Law teacher Wen-Yin Chen gave us instruction regarding patent.
- National Chung Cheng University Department of Business Administration teacher Shih-Chieh Chuang instructed us about business model.
- YunTech Department of Accounting teacher Cheng-Guang Chen gave us advices on team management.
- Local industry Kumkwat Farm help us set up a booth activity to communicate with the public and sponsor the lottery prizes.
【Team Training and Project Start】
Q：Does your institution teach an iGEM or synthetic biology course? When did you start this course?
A：As CCU_Taiwan formed the very first iGEM Team of National Chung Cheng University, things start to move, to change, gradually. Because of the formation of CCU_Taiwan, our school designed a whole new interdisciplinary course in 2017 summer. What’s more, two interdisciplinary projects were launched in the 2017 new school semester!
Q：When did you start your brain storming?
A：We started our brain storming from Oct of 2016, and we filter our ideas through the below thinking model: What problem do we encounter by our side? -> Is this problem already solved? -> If not, it is because no one has done it or it is too difficult to solve? -> Can we solve this problem? -> Project determine!
Q：When did you start in the lab?
A：Our experiment training took place in Feb of 2017. And the actual project lab work started from Aug of 2017.
Q：When did you start working on your project?
A：Right after the project was determined in April, we started seeking the method to finish it. During this period, we managed to learn a lot of thing that is required (such as joining Taiwan MIT mini bootcamp to know more about entrepreneurship). We finished our gene design at July, and decided what software we had to build. We started rushing for our project in summer.